Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

Review - Tanya Burr Lip gloss in 'Aurora'

Recently, Tanya Burr has released a make-up collection of nail polishes and lip glosses. They have been available online for sometime, but they have only been available in Superdrug stores for a few days! I really wanted to try at least one of the products, and seeing as I have a lot of nail polish already, I decided to pick up a lip gloss.

I chose the colour 'Aurora', as I loved the girly pink colour, and I also thought the name was adorable - the colour does have a very princessy feel to it! It is a mid-toned pink, and is very wearable. It is not overly cool toned or warm toned, so I think it would suit most skin tones. It has a slight shimmer to it, but it isn't glittery, so it still has quite a natural feel to it. The gloss wears beautifully, as the colour will remain on your lips even after the glossy sheen has faded. This is really useful if you often don't have time to touch up during the day, as you don't need to worry about it looking patchy.

The gloss has quite a thick consistency, which I love as it means it stays on your lips for a long time, rather than wearing off quickly. It is not overly sticky, but is sticky enough that is stays in place. The applicator is slightly flexible making it easy to apply the gloss neatly, and unlike other lip glosses I have used, only a small amount comes out on the applicator, meaning that you don't end up using too much or wasting product. The packaging is very chic and simple, which I like.

The packaging is very simple yet chic. I am in love with this lip gloss, and hope to purchase more from the collection! If you don't know who Tanya is, she is a popular beauty guru on youtube, and she also has a blog. Her nail polishes and lip glosses were made in collaboration with Eye Candy. There are 12 lip glosses and 10 nail polishes. All the colours are really pretty, so I can't wait to try more!

If you would like to see swatches of all the lip gloss colours, she did a post on her blog including them all HERE. You can buy the products HERE, as well as on a few other websites!

- L x

23 comments:

  1. Hello! I've just followed you! Intrigued by your blog :) Would you mind following back?hehe
    hugs,
    chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I'll go follow you back now!<3

      Delete
  2. Nice review :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    And please click on the links of it...it would really mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the review. I love it when a lip gloss isn't sticky :)

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently picked up her lipgloss in First Date and it is such a pretty colour! I still haven't decided if I love it yet...
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try that colour - it's so pretty, I agree!<3

      Delete
  5. nice post!! photos would be good to see the color though :)

    This Girl Loves Chic 

    Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic 


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and there's a link at the end to swatches on her blog, as for some reason it wouldn't let me upload the pictures I took! I'm going to try and add them again later though:)xx

      Delete
  6. Great review! It's so hard to pick the right lipgloss sometimes! I saw the comment you put on my blog and I really appreciated it, by the way. I really like your blog so I followed you. Follow back, perhaps?

    http://www.mckenziechannon.com/

    ~ Mckenzie <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I'm always obsessed with trying new glosses:)
    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, they're such a fun thing to try!<3

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the great review!!
    I would buy the "just peachy" immediately!!
    Have a great day
    Simone
    schimisworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great gloss!! Thanks for the review!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been fancing this color a lot, I really hope to purchase this lipgloss soon! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete