Pages

Friday 19 July 2013

5 Favourite Female Actresses!

Now that it's the summer holidays, I will have a LOT of time on my hands! Some of which I will spend watching movies, which inspired me to do my 5 favourite actresses including some of the movies they're in!

1. Rachel McAdams. She is my all time favourite actress and is noted for performances in chick flicks such as The Notebook and The Vow. She has one of those smiles that makes her whole face light up! Her performance in The Notebook was amazing with Ryan Gosling and it made me fall in love with the movie. The Vow was also good, her and Channing Tatum made a great pair. She stars in Red Eye with actor Cillian Murphy which is a less well-known film and is definitely more of a thriller than a chick flick. Her performance in that was incredible alongside Cillian Murphy and I actually really enjoyed watching the film. Another favourite is Sherlock Holmes which she pulled off the character of Irene Adler perfectly and I loved the relationship between her and Sherlock (Robert Downey, Jr). She's also well known for Mean Girls, where she plays Regina George, which for me is the most quotable movie of all time. "If you're from Africa, why are you white?" "OMG Karen you can't just ask people why they're white!" I'll stop now...

2. Keira Knightley. I really enjoy watching Keira Knightley films and she has achieved so much and done so many films for a 28 year old! I think some of my favourite films she's in are period dramas such as The Duchess and Pride And Prejudice. I'm not sure if you would class The Edge Of Love with Sienna Miller in as a period drama, but that's a favourite of mine also. It shows what it was like in WW2 times and the Post Traumatic Stress soldiers (Cillian Murphy) had after the war/after they stopped fighting. 

3. Carey Mulligan. Carey isn't as well known as the other two actresses above but recently starred in The Great Gatsby and is known for her performance alongside Keira Knightly in Never Let Me Go. I loved The Great Gatsby and can't wait until it comes out on DVD so I can watch it again! The way Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Daisy (Carey) looked at each other was so romantic and it was a truly great film. Although, even though it was set in the 1920s, the music played in the film was very much 21st Century with singers such as Lana Del Ray and a cover of Crazy in Love being sung! This wasn't a problem for me, in fact I quite enjoyed it, but some didn't like it. 

4. Amanda Seyfried. Amanda is in lots of chick flicks including Dear John, Letters To Julliet and Mama Mia! I loved her performance in Dear John alongside Channing Tatum as it was so romantic and had an interesting storyline. I enjoyed Red Riding Hood which certainly wasn't a chick flick, more of a thriller/horror. And of course, Karen in Mean Girls... let's not go there again. 

5. Zooey Deschannel. She's hilarious in New Girl playing her character Jess and in the chick flick 500 Days Of Summer!

-A x

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these, they're all wonderful! ^.^ I especially loved The Great Gatsby, it was such a beautiful era and I spent the majority of the film longing after all their fashion!

    flawedfairytale fashion blog ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh same! The 1920s seemed amazing, I wish we could still dress in their fashion and clothes without looking abnormal!x

      Delete