Pages

Friday 28 February 2014

Lilac Love

Lilac Love

This spring/summer, make-up is going girly, and one of the main colours that seems to be popping up is lilac. Pastels will always be big for spring, but lilac is the chosen one this year, and shades are ranging from cool lavenders to more pinker, warmer tones.  

Some people will love wearing this trend, but, for some, a bold pastel purple lip can be too much! Fortunately, there are more subtle ways that this trend can be worn, such as on your nails, or by using a lilac eyeliner under your eyes for that pop of colour. If you're not much of a girly girl, but still want to follow this trend, keep your outfit dark to contrast with the cutesy feel that this colour could create. 

Wearing lilac eyeshadow is another popular way to wear this trend. To tone it down slightly, wash a lilac colour of your choice over your lid. Then apply your bronzer or any brown colour through the crease of the eye. This will help to add depth and dimension to the look, as well as adding in more natural, earthy tones that will make the lilac less intense. Then, highlight your inner corner with a frosty colour, and apply eyeliner and smudge it slightly to soften the line. Then, add a few coats of mascara. This will create a really pretty daytime look. To add some drama add black winged eyeliner and a darker purple tone in the outer corner.

I personally love this trend, and can't wait to add a bit of colour to my daily make-up routine this spring! 

- L x

19 comments:

  1. Love the lilac color, will need to pick up a little something in this shade to add to my collection. Love that nail color, been looking for one like that for awhile now.

    xo, H
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait too add some lilac to my collection, too - and I agree, the colour is gorgeous<3

      Delete
  2. the Illamasqua looks sooooo beautiful

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lilac! One of my favorite colors! <3

    www.nelliescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilac is my favorite flower so I am loving this post! I have lilac nail polish, it's such a fun color for spring!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing lilac nail polish in spring - it just looks so pretty!<3

      Delete
  5. Really lovely list of products!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much! just followed back!
    keep in touch!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! And we will! xx

      Delete
  7. Nice!!
    would you like to follow each other? Just let me know on my blog!
    love,
    laviedonnant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and yes I would love too!<3

      Delete
  8. This is such a pretty and feminine color. I really want some lilac nail polish!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love the colour - definitely going to go on a hunt for these things!

    Would we be able to do a follow back on Bloglovin?? <3

    ReplyDelete