Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

L's Pick #1 - Gingham Aline Dress

Fashion Pick #1

In spring, one of my favorite colours to wear is mint/aqua. I think that is is one of the prettiest colours there is, as it's so reminiscent of the sea and the sky. When I saw this aqua gingham dress from Topshop, I instantly fell in love!

I love how the bottom and top of the dress are different - the top is white with blue squares, the bottom is blue with white squares, This creates a subtle contrast, which would help to slim the hips, as this area of the dress is darker. I think the colour would suit all skin tones, but would really bring out blue eyes.

The cut of the dress could be very flattering, as it is fitted but not tight, allowing room so that it doesn't cling to the body. It has a small cutout at the front, at waist height. I think this adds some femininity to the dress, as although it is short it is quite conservative, with a high neckline. I love the neckline, as the round shape is flattering, and the straps wouldn't widen the shoulders.

This dress could be styled in many ways. For a fancier occasion, I would team it with wedges or heals and a leather jacket. Because of the high neckline I would put my hair up. For a more casual look, I would wear shoes such as Vans or Converse, and wear either a chunky cardigan in cream or navy blue, or a denim jacket. Overall, this dress is very versatile.

I do not own many spring/summer dresses so I may have to purchase this once the weather begins to warm up! 

- L x

14 comments:

  1. I love the cut out detail of that dress, so perfect for spring!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the details make it quite unique, and the colours do make it perfect for spring!<3

      Delete
  2. Hello LAMEY ladies, how are you girls doing? I loved this dress, I wish I was slimmer to be able to wear something like this:) it is very pretty, the colors are perfect for summer, already can imagine myself wearing when going somewhere warm and beautiful on holiday, if it is cool in the evening I would wear it with a short white blazer and open toe kitten heels, what do you think ladies? <3 Zhanna, www.stylehenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're great thank you - and I'm sure you can pull it off! I think it would look perfect in summer with a white blazer, as you suggested, and that kitten heels would work really well too - the whole outfit would look really classy and chic, yet still fun because of the colours in the dress <3

      Delete
  3. This dress is adorable!

    It will mean a lot to me if you have time to check my blog and maybe follow me if you like what you see?

    Hope to see you soon into it,

    Kisses

    Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I think I'll be wearing mint and aqua a lot for spring too :) x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the perfect colours for spring/summer x

      Delete
  5. Love that dress :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!
    (Please click on the links of this post as well)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous dress! Although it's not really my cup of tea as with dark eyes and hair I find it hard to style light blues :-(

    Sharlotte //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure you could style it, if you just wore a darker jacket and shoes:) Thank you for commenting!<3

      Delete
  7. That is such a beautiful simple dress! I love the print and colors- I think they will be perfect in the upcoming spring! :) I totally love the little cutout in the front as I believe it makes the dress even more interesting! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for spring, so I can wear dresses like this again! And I thin the cutout is m favorite part!<3

      Delete