Monday, 6 May 2013
6 Tips for choosing the RIGHT foundation
When buying a foundation it's important to know what you're looking for, what coverage you want, do you mind sparkle, do you want a dewy finish? If you're unsure, here some tips to help you decide:
1. Make sure you get the right colour by testing it on your jawbone not your hand - your face and hands are nearly always slightly different colours.
2. Know what finish you want - if you have dry skin, go for a more dewy finish, if you have oily skin, go matte.
3. Know how much coverage you want - it normally says or suggest the amount of coverage on the bottle, so knowing what you want can make the whole process go by a lot faster.
4. Know how much you want to spend. This will stop you from going over budget and buying a really expensive foundation that you didn't actually want.
5. If it's a more high-end foundation you want, ask one of the people at the counter to help you. They know what they're talking about, so taking their advice could prevent you wasting a lot of money.
6. If it's a high street/drugstore foundation, one you have tested it, go outside and see what it looks like in natural light - it could have some shimmer in there that you didn't know existed!
I hope this helped you all for when you're looking for new foundations!
- L x